Okay here is a quick recipe to cook on the grill. It is super easy and super tasty and uses our favorite hot sauce, Franks Red Hot! This is butterflied chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella cheese and only has a total of 6 ingredients. Did we say it was easy to make? Check out the recipe and then grab your ingredients and turn on the grill!
We love this time of the year when we can grill every night, because we will! So this chickenrecipe is perfect when we want a meal that we can prepare, grill and sit down to eat in 20-30 minutes. Thank you Jennifer at peanutbutterandpeppers for such a quick and tasty recipe.
We serve it with grilled asparagus and a mini spinach salad and we are good to go.
Ingredients for Grilled Cheesy Buffalo Chicken
1 lbs. boneless chicken breast
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded,divided
1 tsp. butter (I used Brummel & Brown)
1/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce
1/4 tsp. celery salt
1. Preheat grill to medium low heat
2. Butter fly your chicken, by cutting it horizontally. Do not cut all the way through. Sprinkle the inside of the chicken with pepper. Evenly top the the chicken with cheese and fold over the chicken to close it. It should look like the chicken breast before you cut it.
3. In a microwave safe bowl (I used a pyrex measuring cup) melt the butter for 8 seconds. Stir in hot sauce and celery salt.
4. Brush one side of the chicken with hot sauce mixture and place the hot sauce size down on the grill. Brush more hot sauce over top of chicken. Cook for about 7 minutes. Flip the chicken and brush on remaining hot sauce and cook until no longer pink; about 5 minutes more.
5. Serve with a side salad, celery, carrots and ranch dressing if desired.