We are all well known that Arthritis is a painful inflammation and stiffness of the joints in your body. Get an idea about how to cure arthritis naturally. Gout is one of the types of arthritis that is caused by the buildup of uric acid in the blood. Uric acid forms by the breakdown of waste substance called purines in the body. Generally, these are dissolved in the blood processed by kidneys and passed away through urine. But some people possess excess amount of uric acid which the kidney was unable to eliminate them quickly so they stay in the blood and form like crystals and collect s in the joint spaces.
Gout is an inflammatory joint disease which is characterized by sudden, severe attack of the pain, redness, swelling and tenderness in joints, often the joint at the base of the big toe. It can affect anyone but more prone to men above 40s and over weighted. An attack of gout can wake you up in the midnight with the sensation that makes you feel like big toe is on fire. The affected joint is seems to be hot, swollen and so tender that even makes that the weight of the sheet on it is intolerable.
Gout is caused by genetics, excessive consumption of alcohol, lack of physical exercises, too much stress, improper lifestyles, unbalanced diet, etc. It has the symptoms like intense joint pain, lingering, discomfort, inflammation and redness, etc. unlike arthritis, gout can be cured luckily.
These are the most common, natural and effective home remedies that treat gout. Follow these to get relief from the gout.
1. Remedies for Gout with Ginger:
Ginger root contains anti-inflammatory properties which help to relieve from the pain and inflammation. Finally, it helps to prevent the gout problem.
Process – 1:
- Take equal quantities of dried ginger root powder, fenugreek powder and turmeric powder
- Mix all the ingredients well and take this one teaspoon along with warm water for twice a day.
- Taking this regularly will help you to get relief from the gout and its pain.
Process – 2:
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of ginger root and add this to a cup of boiling water
- Stir it well and drink this solution at least once a day
- Drinking it daily once will cure your gout and pain. 4. Also you can add ginger root in cooking recipes or eat a raw, small piece of ginger root daily.
Process – 3:
- Take a small raw ginger root and make it like a paste by adding little water
- Apply this ginger paste on the gout affected area of the body
- Let it be on for about 30 minutes and then rinse it off 4. Do this process of applying ginger paste on the affected area for once daily.
2. Remedies for Gout with Lemon Juice:
For gout pain relief, it is essential to alkalize the body and neutralizes the excess uric acid in your blood stream. All these process can be done by taking the fresh lemon juice, other than that you have to eat the fruits that contain rich of vitamin C to strengthen your body tissues.
Process – 1:
- Take one fresh lemon and squeeze it to extract its juice and then add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to it
- Stir it well and allow it to sit for few seconds
- Then stir it in a glass of water and drink it immediately 4. Do this regularly to neutralize the uric acid and also to relieve from the gout and its pain.
Process – 2:
- Take a fresh juice of half of the lemon and stir it well in a glass of water
- Drink this three times a day i.e. in the morning, afternoon and night at regular intervals to get rid of the gout
- Follow it daily for better results.
3. Remedies for Gout with Cherries:
Cherries contain antioxidants which are very helpful in treating the gout. It also has anthocyanins which reduces the inflammation and minimizes the gout flare-ups. Cherries remove the toxins from the body and clean the kidneys. You can use cherries in any form.
Process – 1:
- 1. Take 15 – 20 fresh cherries and eat this every day. For better results, start your day with cherries.
- 2. If fresh cherries are not available for you then take canned cherries
- 3. Eat it regularly to prevent the gout problem.
Process – 2:
- Drink a glass of cherry juice which is enriched with few cloves of minced garlic daily.
- Also you can eat cherry pie, cherry compote, cherry jam, cherry tea or cherry with anything works for this gout problem.
- Also you can use pineapple in the place of cherries.
4. Remedies for Gout with Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar helps to treat the gout and arthritis very effectively. The acidic nature of apple cider vinegar helps to relieve from the acute pain.
Process – 1:
- Take one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and mix it in a cup of water
- Stir it well and drink it for 2 – 3 times a day to get relief from the gout.
- If you find that this process is helpful then you can increase the dosage of apple cider vinegar to two teaspoons.
- Repeat the same process regularly throughout the day to get cure from the gout.
Process – 2:
- Take equal quantities i.e. 2 tablespoons each of apple cider vinegar and honey. Honey will boost the body’s anti-inflammatory response.
- Stir it well and drink this twice a day i.e. once in the morning and once at night time before going to bed.
- Continue doing this process until you get relief from the pain and gout completely.
5. Remedies for Gout with Activated Charcoal:
Activated charcoal absorbs the uric acid and thus reduces the pain and inflammation of the gout
Process – 1:
- Take 1/2 cup of charcoal powder and mix it little amount of water to make it like a fine paste
- Pour this paste in the bath tub and add more to it
- Then soak your body part which is affected on it for at least 30 minutes
- This process is good for gout in the ankle joint or big toe
- Continue taking this bath for 2 – 3 times a week until you get complete relief from the gout.
Process – 2:
- Take some amount of charcoal powder and make it like a fine paste by adding enough amount of water
- Apply this paste on the affected area of the skin and let it sit for about 30 minutes
- Finally rinse it off with lukewarm water and continue doing this process regularly.
- Also, you can take the activated charcoal capsules orally to get relieve from the gout pain and inflammation.
6. Remedy for Gout with Devil’s Claw Root:
Devil’s claw root acts as anti inflammatory agents which help to relieve from the pain and swelling.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of powdered devil’s claw root and stir it well in a cup of boiling water
- Cover it and steep for about 10 minutes and then strain the tea to enjoy it
- Drinking this one cup of tea daily will helps to heal the gout.
- Also you can use either meadowsweet leaves and flower tops, white willow bark, feverfew, licorice, capsicum and boswellia in the place of devil’s claw root.
7. Remedy for Gout with Baking Soda:
Baking soda reduces the amount of uric acid in your body which is the main cause for the gout. It relieves your pain, swelling and gout very quickly
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and mix it in a cup of water
- Drink this solution 3 times a day to get complete relief from the gout and its pain
- Continue doing this process for up to two weeks
- But make sure that not to take this more than 3 times a day and ignore this remedy, if you’re suffering from hypertension.
8. Remedy for Gout with Apples:
There is a famous saying an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Yes, it is true in the case of gout also. It’s good to have apple after each meal to get perfect health. Apple contains malic acid which helps to neutralize the uric acid in the body and thereby reduces the pain and inflammation.
- Take an apple a day and eat them daily to get rid of the gout problem.
- Also you can try apple juice, apple related foods to prevent the gout pain and inflammation.
- Follow up of this process regularly will cure the gout problem.
9. Remedy for Gout with Banana:
Bananas contain high amount of potassium that helps to convert the uric acid crystals into liquid form and flushes out through the body through urination. It also contains moderate amount of vitamin C that helps in managing the swelling and pain.
- Take one or two bananas and eat it daily and you will see the improvement soon in your condition
- Also add one ripe banana to 1/2 cup of yogurt and eat it to get relief from the pain and discomfort of gout problem.
- Repeating the habit of eating banana everyday will helps to cure the gout.
10. Remedy for Gout with Epsom Salt:
Epsom salt contains high amount of magnesium that improves the functioning of many body parts and reduces the gout and other forms of arthritis. Soaking the affected body part in warm water which is mixed with Epsom salt will relaxes aching muscles and relieves pain.
- Take a leisure bath by adding two cups of Epsom salt to warm bath water
- Soak you body in that water until the water starts losing heat
- Continue doing this process once a week, or if you have severe gout then try this for 2 – 3 times a week.
11. Remedy for Gout with Cold Water:
Placing the ice on the affected area will damage the skin and worse your condition. So, it’s always recommended to place the affected area in cold water which helps to reduce the swelling as well as pain.
- Place the inflamed and swollen joint in cold water for about 10 – 15 minutes
- Repeat the same process for several times a day
- Then you can apply the ice pack for about 15 minutes and wrap the ice in a towel before placing it on the affected area
- Avoid excessive use of ice packs as it can result to crystallization of uric acid. So do it for twice a day to prevent the gout pain and problem.
Tips to Reduce Gout:
Here are some useful tips which help to cure the gout and its pain.
- Always it’s good to maintain the perfect and desirable weight as weight is one of the contributing factor of the gout.
- Regularly have a balanced diet by covering plenty of fruits and vegetables of different colors.
- Daily drink at least 8 – 10 glasses of water or any other healthy fluids to keep your body hydrated.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as taking excess alcohol can lead to many health problems including this gout also.
- Avoid taking non prescription water pills and other diuretics which slow down the excretion of uric acid that builds up in the blood and increases the risk of gout attack.
- Joints are very painful when gout attacks you then you have to follow these things like don’t put any kind of weight on the joints, keeping your joints elevated, immobilize your joints, always taken non-prescription anti-inflammatory, try to avoid itching, icing or heating the affected area and wear comfortable shoes to cover the affected part of the problem.
- Avoid the foods like turkey meat, organ meat, meat gravies, red wine, etc. which are high in purines that metabolized to uric acid. Have fish oil supplements to ease the inflammation.
- Have thyme tea by adding 1 – 2 teaspoons of thyme powder to a cup of boiling water. Sweeten it and drink this to get relief from the pain because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Grapes contain high amount of alkaline that lessen the acidity of uric acid and lessens the buildup of the acids to lessen the pain and gout
- Take caffeine and decaffeinated drinks which lowers the uric acid and then lessens the pain and gout problems.
- Have sufficient level of vitamin C into your body which helps to lessen the uric acid in the blood and reduces the gout problem. But make sure that if the increased amount of vitamin C will leads to increase in the uric acid.
All these remedies and tips are natural and can cure the gout problem very effectively. But in case, if you’re facing this gout for the first time or if you suffer from high fever and chills or if you’re symptoms don’t improve after 48 hours or don’t recover after a week then immediately consult the doctor for medical attention as it can lead to any other joint problem.