Antibiotics are medicine used to treat and prevent bacterial infections. When used properly, they can either kill or inhibit the growth of bacteria that cause problems like ear infections, stomach problems, and several skin issues.
Different types of antibiotics work against different types of bacteria and some type of parasites. Doctors prescribe an antibiotic depending upon the specific germ (bacterium or parasite) that is causing the infection.
However, antibiotics do not fight infections caused by viruses, such as colds, the flu, most coughs, and sore throats. They also do not work against fungal infections.
Over the time and with the overuse of these antibiotics, microorganisms have become immune to the antibiotics and they’ve become stronger and stronger to fight the effects of the antibiotics.
Superbugs is the name given to the strains of bacteria that are nowadays resistant or immune to most of the antibiotics. They can fight back the effects of the antibiotics, making their use equal to useless. However, the positive side here is that there’s a solution and we’re here to present it.
Fighting back with natural antibiotics
Due to all this, numerous people have started to use natural antibiotics as a way to treat mild infections and prevent the prevalence of antibiotic-resistant bugs.
These are millions and millions of herbs, plants, and flowers that the pharmaceutical companies are using in order to enhance the effects of their products, however, these plants and herbs can help you with minor infections and bacteria, but not viruses.
Natural antibiotics are divided into two categories – antifungals and antibacterials. As the name itself indicates, both types are great for fighting back bacteria and fungi and even though medicinal antibiotics tend to do both, the natural antibiotics have a more limited and specific function on their own.
If you decide to try the natural antibiotics, then your doctor will advise you best about which natural antibiotic will be suitable for you. Don’t take anything on your own hand, because sometimes you can do more damage than good to your organism.
The following list contains the most potent natural antibacterials, which can be used against wound infections, strep throat, ear infections, E. Coli or Salmonella, and H. pylori.
- Raw honey: Raw honey is well known for its antibacterial properties and its consumption will contribute to your well-being. Its unique combination of hydrogen peroxide, acidity, osmotic effect, high sugar concentration and polyphenols help kill bacterial cells.
- Horseradish root: Due to its antibacterial properties, horseradish root is the perfect choice for fighting bacterial infections such as Staphylococcus or Listeria.
- Apple cider vinegar: It will help you naturally to get rid of bacteria and kill pathogens.
- Onion: It has antibacterial properties and it’s especially convenient for boosting the immune system and protecting our body from getting attacked by unwanted bacteria.
- Oregano essential oil: It is perfect if you want to say goodbye to the infections such as cholera, skin infections, urinary tract problems and any type of bacterial or fungi caused infection. Oregano is great for internal and external use.
- Ginger: Ginger is extremely beneficial when it comes to fighting infections and bacteria.
- Turmeric: The active ingredient curcumin attacks gut bacteria and irritants that cause allergy symptoms.
- Garlic: A natural immunity booster which will help you strengthen and protect your organism from the unwanted bacteria.
These are the most powerful natural antifungals, which can help you in the prevention and treatment of skin rashes, yeast infections, Candida Albicans overgrowth, and athlete’s foot.
- Raw honey
- Echinacea root
- Apple cider vinegar
All of these products are available in the markets and you can easily incorporate them into your daily diet. If you use extracts or supplements, the doctor will establish the proper dose for the best results, however, it’s always best to consume them raw and strengthen your immune system, in order to be able to fight back all the fungi and bacteria and prevent them from attacking your body.