Today, I’m sharing a new recipe. One you can easily whip up with that hodge podge of natural ingredients. A recipe to replace yet another chemical found in our homes, toothpaste. A homemade toothpaste that’s revolutionized my teeth and dental health. The same clay used to make foundation powder, rich is potassium and calcium and effective at removing toxins. Baking soda and coconut oil help to whiten and clean teeth. Mineral-rich salt is also added. Stevia and peppermint essential oil add a delicate, sweet peppermint flavor to the salty mixture. Each ingredient comes together to create a homemade toothpaste that cleans and nourishes teeth, in a simple, chemical-free fashion.
- ¼ cup + 2 TB coconut oil, soft, but not liquid
- ¼ cup good-quality baking soda
- ½ tsp Real Salt
- 1 tsp bentonite clay
- ¼-1/2 tsp liquid pure stevia, depending on taste, I use ½ tsp
- 5-7 drops peppermint essential oil, the amount will depend on taste preference
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut oil and baking soda. Mix thoroughly.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Store in a jar or for squeezable toothpaste, use these.
- Note: When mixing bentonite clay, please use a wood or plastic spoon. Bentonite clay should not come in contact with metal because it deactivates the clay.
- The consistency of this recipe can vary depending on the temperature where the toothpaste is stored, due to the nature of coconut oil.